Holiday Time...And Such

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Wow. I can’t believe 2015 is already almost over! As with 2014, this year has been quite a struggle. But there have been many positive events. You might already know my brain is constantly developing ideas, and I’m happy to say I’m closing out 2015 in a better position to make the magic happen!

Since I've been absent for so long, let me tell you a little about my year, both the bad and the good. If you read my holiday post from last year, you’ll know my mother has been ill. This year, her health declined further, and she’s currently facing a life-altering decision. Also carrying on from last year are my financial worries, some mental and emotional strain, and a bit of melancholie hanging over me from being apart from friends and loved ones. And for the majority of this year I was still living in the same difficult situation. BUT! Unlike the previous few years, this year has brought some major changes for the better. I really feel like I can move forward and heal from the past.

~~~~~~~ooo00O00ooo~~~~~~~

So what have I been doing all year? Well, perhaps the biggest news is that… I MOVED!! I won’t go into too much detail here, but let’s just say it was a most welcomed event! I’ve also been involved in a few artistic endeavors, such as the designs I created for a cool new board game, and an awesome Dr. Who themed wedding invitation designed for a close friend. I did manage to work on a few personal art pieces, as well as a couple blog posts, but none are finished. As I said, this year has been tough, and unfortunately art blocks and depression are part of that. Hopefully the artworks will be finished soon, though, as I’m feeling a bit better now.

There’s more! You may already know about my stationery shop Moxie Makery. This year I merged the shop with my existing Imaginate Designs shop, so all my handmade creations are now in one place. And more creations are in the works! If you’re signed up for my newsletter, you’ll get news soon about a few other projects in development…

Finally, I got to participate in an a Christmas Sock Exchange hosted by the awesome Kim Wedlock! It was a random match-up exchange. I was picked out of a hat to send gifts to her, while another cool blog by the name of Paper Lilly Leaf was randomly picked to give to me. You can check out Kim’s post to see what I sent her. Here's what I got:


  • * awesome handmade Christmas card!
  • * cute Santa comfy socks (that all the following goodies were tucked inside of)
  • * Fanta Orange Lip Smackers chapstick
  • * Haribo Starmix gummies (sooo good!!)
  • * Blooming Gorgeous brand bath fizzies and hand lotion (smells lovely!)
  • * adorable little plush snowman!!
  • * mini candy canes!
  • * tiny woodcut reindeer decorations… such a nice touch!



~~~~~~~ooo00O00ooo~~~~~~~

So, lots of positive experiences this year, despite all the downsides. Looking back, this year feels almost like a beginning in a strange way. A new start. Like I've begun tearing down walls that kept me from reaching my goals and dreams. I'm thankful to have had the opportunities given to me this year. Most of all, I’m thankful to have amazing friends and loved ones in my life, no matter where they are. They have helped me maintain a bit of sanity during the tough times, and shared in my joy in good times. I only hope I’ve been even half as much of a blessing to each of them as they have been to me.

I hope you and your family have a safe and wonderful holiday, and a happy new year. Looking forward to new opportunities and happiness in 2016!!


^-^~
Share: