Happy Holidays, my friends!!

Wow, Christmas is already here again! This has been an…interesting year, to say the least. Now it’s time for celebrating with friends and family, and being thankful for what, and who we have in our lives. For those of you who have been with me throughout my first year of newsletters (yes, I have a newsletter!), you’ll know that I’ve featured a number of wonderfully talented artists and crafters from Etsy and beyond. I am thankful to each and every one of them for allowing me to share their amazing work with you, my lovely readers, and for just being awesome in general!

In case you’ve missed a few, or all of them, here they are again, listed by month, as well as links to the original newsletters they were featured in:

I wish all of these amazing and talented artists a very merry Christmas and happy Holidays, and that they continue to be successful in the coming year!!

~~~~~~~oooOO0OOooo~~~~~~~
I have to say, I intended to have this post up long before now. In fact, I wanted to do a “12 Days of Christmas” special for my newsletter subscribers…but that didn’t happen. I've just had so much going on lately that this simply was not possible. This year has been full of surprises, and not necessarily the nice ones.  I lost my job in May. My mother was hospitalized through much of this year and has been in very poor health. My car broke down and I didn't have the funds to get it repaired, and still don't. My living arrangements haven't changed, and are still very difficult to deal with. And on top of it all, I’ve lost my financial independence. Certainly NOT the good year I had hoped for.

Still, there have been many things to be thankful for. My new Etsy shop, Moxie Makery, is still around, and has provided me with enough income this year to scrape by. My close friends are still there for me, even if they are now long-distance, and I’ve made many new online friends all around the world. Thanks to this, I've been able to improve my Japanese language skills...a little. As I mentioned in a previous blog post, being out of work has enabled me to take care of my mother, who needs much help due to her illness. She's also been kind enough to allow me the use of her car when I need transportation! And although my life is a bit chaotic right now, I’m still relatively healthy...if not a few pounds heavier thanks to all the Holiday festivities. Speaking of which, I think it's about time to really put Geek Fit out there, and in a big way!

I also started my own Patreon page where people can help directly support and influence my work, and also get really cool perks and exclusive stuff! Next year I plan to grow my new YouTube channel as well. I currently only have one poorly-edited video (hey, it's my first one so don't judge!), but you can get an idea of what my channel will be about, at least. It's a start! I really want to build up these networks and get closer to my online friends and supporters. More recently, I’ve been involved in a few artistic opportunities that hopefully will advance my digital art and graphic design career! I’ll be sharing the work I’ve been doing on these projects publicly once the work is finished…because, you know, it’s top-secret and all that.

Let's not forget about my Etsy shop! My sleep-deprived, caffeine-fueled brain has been coming up with all kinds of new ideas lately for new items to sell in my Etsy shop for 2015, as well as new designs and artwork pieces to work on. If I can keep up this creative firestorm then I think next year will be full of surprises…of the awesome kind!

And so, as this year comes to a close, and we’re all celebrating the warmth and magic of the season, I want to finish out this post by wishing all of you a very merry Christmas and happy Holidays, for those of you who celebrate, and to thank you so much for all your love and support. See you next year!!

~~~~~~~oooOO0OOooo~~~~~~~
BONUS!! Enjoy this sweet, wintery story -- a free game by Simogo!
The Sensational December Machine by Simogo



Share: